Terms & Conditions
TERMS GOVERNING YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE
The information on the Websites is provided to visitors to the Websites (“you” or “your”) subject to the following terms and the terms (collectively, “these terms”). By using the Websites you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, you must cease using the Websites immediately.
We have used reasonable efforts to make sure that the information and other content on the Websites (collectively “Content”) is accurate, complete and up to date.
You agree that, subject to any applicable consumer guarantees set out in Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law:
- the Content is intended to be used only for background and information purposes and does not constitute professional advice;
- we do not guarantee that the Content is accurate, definitive, reliable, complete or up-to-date;
- we do not undertake to keep the Content updated;
- we do not accept responsibility for any loss suffered by you or any other person as a result of reliance by you or that person on the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of any of the Content; and
- we make no warranty or representation:
- as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any of the Content;
- that any files accessible on or via the Websites any Linked Site or any server on which the Websites or any Linked Site are hosted are free of viruses, errors, defects;
- that the Websites and any of the Content will be accessible to you on a continuous or uninterrupted basis;
- that any viruses, errors or defects discovered to exist on our Site, Linked Sites or the servers on which they are hosted will be removed or corrected; or
Intellectual Property Rights
The Content is protected by copyright. You may:
- download to a local hard disk, or print, extracts from the Content for your personal, non-commercial use only;
- provide down loaded or printed extracts of the Content to others for their personal, non-commercial use; and
- use the Content to the extent that you are otherwise expressly permitted to do so under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (“Act”).
Any other reproduction, distribution, re-transmission or modification of the Content, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without our express prior written consent is prohibited.
We do not own or have rights in respect of the copyright in any content on any website that is accessible from the Websites by a hypertext link or links (“Linked Site”). Your use of any Linked Site and any content on any Linked Site is governed by these terms of the Linked Site.
Some of the Content, and products, logos, technology and processes accessible via, or incorporated in, the Websites may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights owned by third parties. You have no right to use any of those intellectual property rights except as expressly authorised by these terms.
Further limitations on intellectual property are set out in the Schedule to these terms.
We do not endorse or approve of, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability for, any content on any Linked Site or any product or service accessible through, or offered on, any Linked Site.
Your individual Vicdeaf profile
You may be issued with a password if you set up an account with the Websites. You agree that you will not share the password or other login information with any other person. Once you log onto the Websites you can keep your personal and contact information up to date. You agree that you are and will remain liable for all acts or omissions of any person who accesses your account unless you can demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that you did not provide your password or other login details to the person who accessed the Websites and that they did so without your express or implied consent.
You agree to immediately report to us if you suspect that your password or other login information is being, or may be, used without your authority.
Changes to these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in our business requirements and changes in the law. Changes will be updated in these terms on the Websites, so you should check periodically to make sure that you are aware of the most recent version.
Version 1.1 - August 2012
Schedule to these terms
The Australian National University (“ANU”) owns the intellectual property, including copyright, of the Easier Listening program (“Program”).
Except as necessary for using the Program on your browser, or as permitted under the Act or other applicable laws, no part of the Program may be reproduced, adapted, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, performed in public, distributed or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of the ANU.
If you would like to arrange approved use of the Program, please contact Vicdeaf - Easier Listening Program for permission.