The Rehabilitation Team provides education on hearing loss management to TAFE’s, employers and interested community groups. We provide workshops and tailor made training programs with the aim to increase understanding about hearing loss and its implications, providing strategies to minimise the impact on the individual and those around them.
These education sessions are delivered by university qualified Speech Pathologists and Audiologists, who specialise in communication, hearing loss and tinnitus management. Each session is individually tailored to the requirements of the group and covers a range of topics.
Rehabilitation also provides information about noise induced hearing loss and prevention initiatives.
Program topics include:
- Audiological overview: the ear & how people hear
- Types and causes of hearing loss
- Consequences of hearing loss
- Hearing loss simulation
- Hearing screenings
- Customer service & employee training
- Strategies for communicating with people who are hard of hearing
- Hearing aid management
- Assistive listening devices
Education sessions for Hearing Awareness Training are delivered in the following styles:
- Talks - A speech covering the requested topics, supported with visual aids and written handouts if requested.
- Workshops - These sessions consist of both a speech and a practical 'hands on' component, supported with visual/auditory aids and handouts.
- In-service - An informal, hands on approach to learning for health professionals and educational establishments.
- Displays - Information provided at expos and information fairs.
We are flexible with the content of our presentations. We prefer to make them as relevant as possible to the client.
For all enquiries please contact the Rehabilitation team on Ph: 1300 30 20 31 or Email: email@example.com