Speech Pathology Services
How can our speech pathologists help?
At hearservice, we are passionate about communication. Communication is central to our interactions with others and the world around us. Sometimes, however, our ability to communicate might affect our social participation, job prospects and personal wellbeing.
Speech pathologists at hearservice can help with communication, speech and language, and swallowing for any person aged 12 or older. Our speech pathology services are delivered by certified practicing speech pathologists. All programs are supported by evidence-based research and are fully integrated with other Vicdeaf services. Our speech pathologists value you, your family and your community, and we respect the language preferences and cultural needs of all clients. If you are hard of hearing or Deaf, and developing your communication is important, our speech pathologists can help.
All of our programs include a communication assessment, which involves:
- A comprehensive consultation with the client and family to understand needs and set goals
- Assessment of abilities in specific areas
- Customised treatments to meet the needs of clients and their family
- Developing listening and communication strategies
- A detailed report including recommendations and realistic expectations for improvement
- Follow up support
Speech, language and literacy
The speech, language and literacy program may involve:
- evaluation of preferred method of communication and language
- assessment of speech sound awareness, comprehension and speech production patterns
- assessment of language comprehension and its use in everyday situations
- assessment and treatment of vocabulary use and understanding
- voice training
Swallowing and feeding
The swallowing and feeding program may involve:
- Meal observation
- Oral examination
Development of a mealtime profile
Our speech pathologists work together with clients , their families and other support networks to help meet their communication needs.
Making an appointment
If you would like to know more about the speech pathology services at hearservice or would like an appointment with one of our certified practicing speech pathologists, contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phoning us on 1300 30 20 31.
Fees and rebates
Fees may apply for this service. You may be eligible for Medicare rebates if a Chronic Disease Management Plan covers speech pathology services. If your NDIS plan includes communication assessments, speech, language and literacy support to assist with participation, or swallowing and feeding support, you may be eligible for speech pathology services. If you have been injured at work, Worksafe may cover some speech pathology services. Some private health insurers may offer rebates for speech pathology. For more information about our fees, please see http://www.hearservice.com.au
Speech pathology services are currently available at the following sites:
East Melbourne, Oakleigh, Box Hill, Geelong and Preston